Tuesday, August 18, 2009

hear my heart and..

make it bleed...

is actually not the correct lyric for Hosanna... but I like to think it is... For God to hear all the pangs of my heart and to release that... in a raw and sincere manner...

ok ok, it's a little violent but lets not take things too literally here.

anyway.

Camping was awesome. I got to get to know some wonderful wonderful people... chat it up with some amazing girls (YES!) and revel in the deep dark night sky, messy with shooting stars and Jupiter's moons.

There were more hornets in the air than I could ever care for... more dust clogging my pores and nostrils than I wanted... but in the end, the dirt, the insects, and even the constipation, was all worth it.

It's so strange how things go around full circle. To have come this far and yet come back to the same place... It's almost been a year since I started attending southland. almost half a year since I decided to stop attending... and about 3 months since I decide to attend again. The Lord rewards persistence I guess... there were times where I wanted to hide behind the chairs... times where I felt lonely and alone... and times where I felt resentful and bitter... but overall, I think I felt convicted that I was supposed to be a part of this church, no matter the distance, no matter the solitude...

I'm incredibly thankful.

In other news... I watched "District 9" which was FABULOUS. and am reading the Alchemist... late on that bandwagon, I know... but i'm totally digging it! :) :)

ALSO, in less than 2 weeks... I'm going to Korea. HOW CRAZY is that?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you're going to korea?? to visit?

i'm so jealous...

Unknown said...

I am~ for about a month! wish me luck! chances are, i may come back looking like a super model! :P i kid i kid