Wednesday, September 17, 2008

listening to...

"Before the Throne" by Cornerstone Choir.

dude, our soloists were bomb-diggity. Rob's last note still compels me to applaud ridiculously, even when I'm alone in my room.

other songs:

*Lucky -- Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat... <-- my wedding song.

*Viva La Vida -- Coldplay

*One Step at a Time -- Jordin Sparks

*Whatever You Like -- T.I.

*하루하루 -- Big Bang.

I would be teaching the SATS nowadays, writing on the whiteboard in time to the mental beats of Coldplay.

speaking of SATs... everytime the end of a class approaches, I feel sad. 12 sessions during which I share random anecdotes from my life...during which I'm continually impressed by the improving scores of my students... and during which I come to appreciate even the most annoying/silent/unimproving student. and at what cost beyond that of soaring gas prices and exponentially increasing number of miles on my poor (currently incarcerated) Madonna? Me think it's worth it. PLUS, I just found my name on the "Teacher comment" board at our Kaplan center. Quote this: "Thanks, January for making my prep course fun and EXCITING!!!!" @.@ I'M ON CLOUD 9!!!

***

I had an incredibly ... incredible weekend. incredible in the utmost incredulously NORMAL strange way. it was a contradiction in all sorts of the word and that's really the best that I can describe it. It involved family, unfinished business, and timing. it involved feeling comfortable in what could be described an awfully uncomfortable situation... feeling old and new things at once... and being completely implicit regarding something extremely explicit.

above all things... it was... amazing. something that COULD only happen on... *drumroll*... "how i met your mother*... PUAHAHA niiiiiiice ;D.

***

i'm going down to LA in less than two weeks. even if i'm scared and no idea what to expect. i'm DOING this.

i'm so scared.

I'M DOING THIS!

No comments: