yesterday night.
It is the craziest feeling, meeting your nephew... You automatically love the kid, even if you've just met him...and he's FAMILY even though, well, you just met him. You feel maternal without having all the obligations and responsibilities... plus, I've got the bonus of being the aunt from AMERICA, so NATURALLY, I'm a notch higher than the rest of his aunties and uncles (8) on the cool factor.
I can't help but think of Monica or Pheobe who tried to be that awesome aunt... and laugh because hey, yet again, I am comparing my life to that damn (AWESOME) sitcom.
SO, in accord with Izzy's post about kids, I must say, it has been the most interesting past 48 hours. I changed locations for a couple of days to visit my other aunt and uncle and cousin and cousin's husband and cousin's kid, and I will say that I've had my FAIR SHARE of the much-dreaded-terrible "two" year old. The thing is, Yoon Jae TOTALLY fit the bill when I first stepped foot inside this house. He ran around, "acting cute", laughing whenever he got the attention he saught, and screaming if he ever did not... I began rolling my eyes less than 20 minutes after I got there because it just seemed like anything that anyone would talk about was that 2 year old birthday boy who resembled a little hairless albino monkey.
Cut to 24 hours later. YOONJAE IS SOOOO CUTE!!! I swear, I was born to play the cool aunt role. SERIOUSLY BORN TO. Not only have I taught him the MOST AWESOME ENGLISH WORDS (Mommy, Daddy, Yummy, and WASSUP), He has officially adopted me as his number one playmate for playing "trains" (we run around making coochoo noises, goin faster and faster until he runs out of energy, which is usually after when I lose mine.) Ok ok, that MAY not sounds so fun.... but it is. and while I'm SO NOT READY TO BE A MOM (mental high five Izz!) ~ I must say, seeing my cousins happily married and one with an actually familY?? There was something inside me that assured me that this was something I was SURE LOOKIN FORWARD to having.
which is huge. considering that 6 years ago, I did not see myself ever getting married.
***
KOREA. It's been 2 weeks now! 2 weeks! Geeeeeze, that flew by fast. I thought a month would be TOO long...and here I am, already wishing that I had another month to go.
I've pretty much traveled all over the important parts of Seoul (although tomorrow I'm planning on taking a city bus tour just to make sure) ~ and I've only got 4 things left on my list:
1. Drinking till 4 am @ at LEAST 4 different bars in one night.
2. SHOPPING. I've been doing a lot of eye shopping but no buying (so proud of myself)
3. traveling OUTSIDE of seoul (i.e. Jeju Island or Busan)-- one including a hike.
4. same as number 3 but alone.
Not too much to ask for I hope?
Oh, last night, I got bitten in 5 different spots by one mosquito in less than 10 seconds. I <3 Korea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment