Friday, January 22, 2010

TO BE ON THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW BY 2010...

was one of my BIGGEST goals the middle of 2007, when I initially decided to move away from Boston, back home, in order to eventually move down to LA to pursue acting.

what a run-on.

anyway, today, I sorta KINDA achieved it. Knowing that I'd never be invited as a guest (not the way Meryl Streep was invited anyway) by the end of 2010, I decided to do it the normal way: apply for audience tickets online.

Well, I ended up getting standby tickets, which meant that I would only get in, first come first serve basis, if the people with guaranteed tickets were a no show~.

So there I am with Allen~ just waiting to kill time until call time~ kind of twiddling our thumbs... all of a sudden, a couple of people from the show make an announcement saying that they were going to "survey" a group of people randomly.

of course yours truly gets picked. I blame my amazing leather jacket.

anyway, the handful of the lucky chosen ones get taken to a portable where they do ask us a couple of moot questions before letting us know that they would PICK AMONG US as guest VOLUNTEERS (you know the ones that wear the sumo suit and win ps3s and such?!!!) to play games led by ELLEN DEGENERES....

O.o. There I am, almost pissing in my pants with exciting thinking, "OMG OMG OMG, HOW CRAZY WOULD IT BE IF I WERE PICKED AND I WAS ACTUALLY ON THE ELLEN SHOW, ON NATIONAL TV, IN 2010 JUST LIKE I HOPED FOR ON MY BUCKET LIST?!!!!!!"

it was a 1 out of 10 shot... chances were looking HOPEFUL. besides, i was the ONLY ASIAN girl picked, anddddddd my name was JANUARY, anddddddd I had a bomb ass leather jacket!!!

SO ALL OF A SUDDEN, I go from standby to GUARANTEED VIP SEATED GUEST. Allen and I end up getting led to one of THE BEST SEATS in the house (the row RIGHT BEHIND the one Ellen actually crossed while DANCING) ~ *insert orgasm here*

The filming itself is actually surprisingly minimal and VERY quick... there's 3 different POV cameras, and one crane camera that captures audience reactions... then there's the MC who pumps up the audience by keeping hte DANCING going on FOREVER~~ CONTEST AFTER CONTEST AFTER CONTEST~~ The audience has a surprising number of guys included in the mainly 40 year old plus female audience~ again, not that many asians~. I am feeling pretty confident about my status as the most attractive Korean in the room.

FINALLY, TIME FOR THE GAME!! THE GAME!! IT'S BLINDFOLDED MUSICAL CHAIRS WITH A TWIST. HOT ASS AUSSIE guys are here to celebrate Australian Day (it's also ELLEN'S BIRTHDAY IN AUSTRALIA!) : THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER. hottttttt damn~ we get to sit in their laps, instead of the chairs!

the moment of truth comes, 5 lucky audience participants get called... there I am, willing to GOD for my name to be called off the cue cards... i hear the first name... the second name... third... Good Lord Ellen is botching these names up... 4th... and finally .... 5th...

not mine.

I won't lie. I was disappointed. "BUT... BUTTT.... MY JACKET! IS IT A RACE ISSUE???"

sigh*
I could have won an xbox360 and Beatles Rockband JUST for participating... and 2 tickets to the GRAMMYS had I won the contest... let alone, sat on laps of SUPER SIZZLIN aussie men...

sigh*. shit....

....

WHO THE HELL CARES?! I'M DANCING WITH ELLEN ON THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW!! anddddddd WE MADE EYE CONTACT! No no, seriously. at one point, I was doing this gesture, and Ellen saw me and my crazy screaming ass, smiles, and after a second, repeats that gesture back to me the way only she could (omg, i feel like one of those 50 year old women who watch the show on repeat everyday)~ ASK ALLEN FOR VERIFICATION!!! I saw Valerie B, the one that lost hella weight ~ and Zachary Levi, the main character from chuck... (CUTE!)... we got free DVDs from each guest of course...
ANDDDD saw ADAM LAMBERT perform...and he was AMAZING.

bottom-line... I was inspired. I truly truly was. I had been praying for inspiration to kick off the year... and sitting 4th row, as an audience member on the Ellen show was inspiration enough... I mean, sure, I wanted to play the game and win more free things, but I also wanted to sit on the couch and be INTERVIEWED by Ellen even more. and have the audience cheer for ME.

hence, a revised goal... by 2015. GUEST. ON. ELLEN. DEGENERES. SHOW.

she better not quit on me like Oprah did!!! :) :)

1 comment:

izzy said...

i can't find the full interview online damn it! post as soon as you have it please :)