in approximately 24 hours, I shall turn a year older... putting me at a grand "old" ripe age of 23 by Western standards... and an even 24 by Eastern standards.
...
there's the inner-child in me ripping my hair follicles out crying "WHY OH WHY!" and another part of me "tsk-tsk"ing that silly little girl and putting her into a locked closet.
I want to say that this birthday is... significant...not just because I realize how lucky i was to have so many people to celebrate with in Boston... but just because I really want to upgrade some things within me... more than any present or celebration... i just want to be REFINED this year. I am just lacking in so many ways... so immature and really ignorant. being 23/24 means that at least a quarter of my life has gone by... and that's already too many years spent in shadow of dreams that I have yet to carry on. more than anything else. Let me re-pivot my life around Christ!!
so here's to a year's worth of growth...a year's worth of laughter and tears... a year's worth of realization and discovery... a year's worth of heartbreakingly cherished memories...and a year's worth of thankfulness for the past 22/23 coming-of-age-years that have brought me this far.
For everyone that have come this far with me, I am so grateful. *bbohbboh!*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment