it was a hard day at the Jean Shelton Lab today. After last week's triumphant monologue, January Lim fell flat on her face as ACTRESS.
well, not flat on my face. I'm a little hard on myself. but i was certainly faced with the immense challenge: SPECIFICITY.
what the fuck. try saying that 10 times in a row really fast.
i tend to be nosy... and a perfectionist. but it's beyond me sometimes, how little depth my thoughts have. i think i've always known this...and it's a habit that is SO hard to break. I mean, to give myself little credit... I know I'm pretty complex... there are multiple personality issues (?) that I dwell on... I admit I'm not perfect and unlike realllly shallow people, I know my own defects and try to fix them as best as I can. BUT the fact of the matter is... do i REALLY get down to the nitty gritty detail...and ask myself ALL THE WHY'S....figure out the ACTUAL reasons and ACTUAL solutions, therefore facing no other choice but to either FIX the damn problem or just live with it over my head. raise the stakes. it's life or death every single time. dramatic? for goodness sakes, it's method acting language. it's supposed to be dramatic.
i want to be more specific this year in my life. 23. lets be 23 times more specific.
my birthday was great! a lot lot lot lot lot more fun than anything that I anticipated. I was mopey and anxious because I figured without my bffs in town (all three were out!) and no boston family to celebrate with, my birthday would consist of my... well, immediate family. but the Lord proved again FAITHFUL as only he could be by showing me that my "new family" (refer to past blog!) and new friends could only be just as enjoyable to get older with.
a brief recap if you will:
peruvian ( = FOOD FROM PERU, NOT PERUVIA) food, beach bonfire, home-made custard, too little sleep, breakfast with my uncle from China, lunch with K + Y, new tennis shoes, Yoshi's, drinks with the jazz band, Carl's Jr's Criss-Cut Fries, conversations about 2-5 minutes worth, and best of all, NO CAKING. A FIRST IN 4 YEARS.
woot. i saw everyone that I could possibly could and want to see... and I didn't even get plastered. what a mature birthday... WHO WANTS TO GET TRASHED THIS WEEKEND?! hahahaa jkjk. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE AMAZING BDAY GIFTS (CAMERA IS BEING SO USED!!!), THE GOOOOOD TIMES, AND FOR ALL THE FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY WISHES!!! (seriously, the facebook is... just... every man's hallmark~)
i have my first interview at The Container Store tomorrow morning. actually today morning. Wish me luck! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment