seriously, sometimes I'm marveled by how OLD my body has gotten since, i don't know, BEFORE TCS.
i've gotten it down. pretty much anytime I have a 5 plus hour shift, I will DIE the next day. My body will feel every vertebrae aching and crying for heat and plushy warmth (aka my comforter). Joints will feel a gazillion years old, and to top everything off, i will celebrate the joys of premature arthritis with a slight fever and a major case of indigestion.
NO COMPLAINING though. I guess where $$$ is involved these days, I cannot complain. plus, i'm SO close to getting an apron AND AND AND i got to exercise my employee for first time the other day for a family friend. WOOT!
Judy has broken down on us twice in the past week. both having to do with transmission failure...highly costly in the $$$ area. How on earth will the LIM universe continue this way?!!!! i dont' konw... today, i filled up the lexus and it cost us $45. I worked 4 hours at TCS and that, PRETAX (so much less afterwards), earned me $49. is it worth it? sigh*.
I DON'T KNOW. all i know is, I've rediscovered Pearl S. Buck. Remember The Good Earth? Well, in that trilogy, I own the third and last book, called A House Divided. Written in the first person narrative of a native born Chinese, I can't help but feel off-put and amazed by the sharp, if warranted, limited views of racism by the so called protagonist! It's even more fascinating HOW RELATABLE the stereotype shit is. reminds me TOO much of how LITTLE most Korean men have come thus far. Pearl S. Buck was dead on. Timeless. -ly racist and chauvinistic.
I have a bottle of shiraz and a hunk of gouda waiting to be devoured. but i can't bring myself to just yet. I need a good occasion.
LIKE LEARNING HOW TO SKATEBOARD! I've gotten as far as being able to cruise down the block, looking SLIGHTLY like a fool. By next week, I'll look as cool as Juno, strolling down the block w/ her sunny D. Till then, I'll just have to deal with 3rd graders yelling "NICE SKATEBOARD BITCH!"
Speaking of Juno. geebus, there are so many editorials out there commenting on how Juno is UNREALISTIC and is a FEEL GOOD MOVIE about teen pregnancy...how it sets up unlikely idealistic premises for future knocked up teens.
OK. FOOLS. Geebus, if that really was the case, in 10 years, we'd have 13 year old teens giving birth to wizards and witches who would then find the golden compass, would relay that to spiderman, who would meet his greatest foe, Seth Rogan, who in turn, would be defeated by Michael Scott who would get arrested for bedding Hannah Montana who would be hated on by Tom Brady who by that time, would be broken up with Giselle because he'd be living with me. and Giselle would go on her personal vendetta called G for G-string.
and final-effingly, this: Kooza aka current Cirque de Soleil show on tour (or i guess one of few?) is probably THE COOLEST live show I'VE EVER SEEN. EVER!!!! (except seeing Holly Hunter onstage. that was pretty cool). SO IN LOVE. MUST GO TO VEGAS. SEE O.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment