So originally, I had three goals moving down, hemmed mainly by one major goal of FINDING AN APARTMENT. one that was affordable, clean, and central to where I thought I needed to be. The other two goals, finding a job and gymming... well, they would sorta go hand in hand with finding a place.
God has been good to me in these past 3 (gulp) weeks~
1. A relatively permanent temporary place : Currently, I'm staying with one of my oldest friends in a pretty swanky place right smack in the center of DT LA.
2. Job. Well, I will be honest. I haven't been too on top of things. Only because the transition between San Jose Kaplan and LA Kaplan has been pretty smooth. Granted, I'm only working 7 hours a week *that is when I have a 'packed' schedule* but it's still bringing in some sort of income. I am actually teaching in a not so ideal part of town (anyone hear of the Watts riots? Guess where I'm teaching???)~ and my students average about 1000 points less than when I was teaching in Nor*Cal... but the students are just as fun, if not more (I'm catching up on my Spanish!) ~ and I think the center people love me (or at least my teacher ratings) muahahahaahahahahaha! OH, another thing, I've been hearing back from my students who took the test on Oct 4th, and guess what? (WE'RE RANGING IN THE 1900S-2000s! HELLLLLL YEAH!!!!) They are kicking some ass. muahahahahahahah. I'm still hoping for more hours (which I'm actually guarenteed starting from January on)... but seeing as if, my housing is "set" till the end of the year, I think these hours will suffice.
3. gym. ok. been very very very bad. BUT, I've been food shopping, eating out less and basically being good about the diet. Erg, my goal is to quit smoking end of October. UGH. it's making me scared to go to the gym (the PAIN!!!!!). seriously, i need my friends to keep me accountable on this. Ok, so I'm just going to mention this once, but it's not the taste or feeling that I get from smoking that I like. I just like the act of going out by myself and being contemplative over a stoge whenever I feel it. Except, it's actually sort of depressing sometimes. and bottom-line, it's a slow sure act of killing oneself. hence, i quit. end of the month. the end.
So, in terms of goals... it's not too bad. I've basically bought some time and more than anything, I'm realizing that my goals of becoming an actor will be a longer, more drawn out process than what I've imagined it would and could be. I'm still sort of at a loss what to do... I've been watching far too many korean dramas and certainly wasting away a lot of my time... in certain ways, as hopeful as I just sounded earlier in this blog, I'm actually struggling A LOT with doubt... I mean, it seems like there's just a buttload of things I need to do in order to get... NOWHERE in the industry. That's kinda making me want to push things off for as long as I can. I still don't know this city at all... and really, not having money kinda slows down the process... AND while I do have contacts, I kind of don't have the courage to act SHAMELESSLY yet... meaning asking around, groveling, and essentially putting myself out everywhere but the casting couch. which is exactly kind of the ballsy attitude I need to succeed.
STEP BY STEP is the way to go. I was seriously thinking how lucky I am to have a GPS in my car... it doesn't prevent me from getting lost... but it DOES prevent me from ever FEELING lost... if I may make a cheesy connection here... my faith is sort of like my personal GPS. as "lost" as I am now in terms of where this DREAM of mine is going... I still feel like step by step, I'm getting directed towards the right place. Destination is still unknown... distance to ultimate destination unknown.. time getting there unknown... but, for some reason, as discouraged and frustrated as I am, or may get... I still feel like so far, I'm headed on the right track...I'm going to milk this assurance as much as I can. You can call it false hope, call it reading too much into little occurances... I'm going to call it AFFIRMATION.
아자 아자 임유정!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment