Tuesday, November 11, 2008

insomnia *yawn*

I am having some trouble sleeping these days... I'd like to blame it on anxiety. but I think it's Korean dramas.


I came back home for the weekend... my Dad needed me to play for a joint gathering of our Bay Area Evangelical branch. Being back has been good... it's only been a month since I've been gone, but in a way, it feels much harder. Both of my parents have told me how this "separation" has been harder on them... but I think it's because they both miss how much they could nag at my messy room or late coming in at nights, or lack of a real job, hahaha.

The dreaded questions were asked: Did you find an apartment yet? a job? No, no. well, what have you done then? .... looked.

but as much as I can be resentful that I don't have a clear answer for that... i can say that I now feel pretty familiar with LA. or at least with certain parts of it. I've ventured out long enough into the different areas of gridlocked traffic to know which parts of LA I know I'll love and which parts will present challenges. I must look at these "little" adjustments, as little advancements that are all a part of my plan, right?

being back home though, presented it's share of familiar tugs and pulls to just stay home. My room with it's rent-free privileges... the spicy fall air and foliage (i never appreciated the subtle changes of NorCal weather until now!)... the rowdy kids at Logos church... my mom's home cooking... the never - ending marathons of rock band tour and witty roasting of the Book Club... the hyperactive barking, licking, and loving of three white shaggy angels... and of course, the precious, if volatile, dynamics of the Lim family. it just never grows stale, the sensations of being back home. and I feel like it gets harder and harder to stay away, knowing that I have to.

SO, as Veteran's day comes to pass...and as Thanksgiving approaches, I think to myself "goals for November."

and they look exactly the same as they did in October:

1. figure out housing.
2. make enough $$$ to eat and pay bills = GET HIRED.
3. GYM. i'm nicotene free and staying strong! Gold's gym = Jan's new home.

as soon as I get back, until Thanksgiving, I WILL ONLY think of those 3 things. (and hopefully by January, I'll look fabulous and sexy in my new headshots! :) :) :) :) :) )

on a different note:
I saw my first celeb~ amanda bynes! and she was just like my friends and I when we go to Borders... looking at books while laughing at inside jokes. She's like a spoon. Her head is normal sized and her body is ... nothing. she's got a nice voice though. I'm proud to say that I only stared surreptitiously and not obviously. i promise.

No comments: