Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22nd...

half of 2009 is almost approaching. how crazy is that? It's been almost 8 months of living in LA.

I can't get over how fast time is passing by. and how i managed to pass it during the 6 months of unemployment.

Everytime I update this blog... I feel like whatever I have to say is repetetive or worse... meaningless. Like I have no profound things to say.

Well, I suppose I can always update about the silver linings. I set up a couple of appointments for headshot photographers! That actually is pretty exciting. I was waiting because I didn't want to spend 700 bucks I didn't have on getting headshots that would need to be updated as soon as I lost 20 lbs... but since I've pretty much accepted that THAT's not going to happen anytime soon...and now that I'm actually making some money... I've set up a couple of meetings and am SUPER excited. I just hope the airbrushing thing works. :P.

what else? I've recently joined my church's softball team. Wait rewind... I've decided to attend Southland... Despite hte distance... despite all the people drama... God is good. Really. He is also incredibly just. Anyway, it feels really good to be back and while I'm still not completely settled in yet... I'm looking forward to a set community. Part of the process has been sped up dramatically by the AWESOME women's sports ministry. Softball season is officially in full swing... and for the first time in my life, I'm a part of a real "sort of" league! I'm not THAT great... but I can actually swing a bat and look kinda sexy doing so. I also have kleats AND kneesocks. AND MY SOFTBALL TEAM DOESN'T LOOOK LIKE A TEAM OF LESBIANS! WOOOT!!! Our team won first place in the recently held tournament and I lost my voice cheering. That is saying a lot.

ADDITIONALLY, I just finished up the book of Job for my QTs. In all honesty, I feel like I cheated the book... well, in a sense that I probably didn't glean as much as I could have... but I just felt... so refreshed reading it. In a way, I could completely empathize with Job's self-centered sympathy and childish resentment towards God. His complete underestimation of God's existence and power. His friends' petty/outstanding words of rebuke... and his final submission to the Lord... it was all stuff I can relate to and be inspired by. Job is definitely a book that can relate to our generation. The generation that constantly blows up every small minor incident into a major tragedy. OH and what I thought was really cool? Among Job's prosperity near the end of the book, are his three daughters who were known to be the most beautiful in all the regions. They were such a blessing to Job's family that they got a part of his inheritance... unheard of! Why were they mentioned? How were they such an asset? and how can I follow in their footsteps?

You know what else rocks my world? "Slumdog Millionaire." I rewatched it... again... and that movie just never ever gets old. What stuck with me this viewing around... was this one montage near the end of the clip. As Jamal approaches the love of his life, Latika, for the final (assumed) reunion... He envisions all of the people that were heroes or redeemers, if you will, in his life. His childhood cinematic idol... his mother... his brother... and finally, Latika. It made me think of my unexistant list of "redeemers" of my life... and though cliche... I'm actually glad to say that the only true redeemer I can think of was my mother and my God. Well, now that I say that, I can think of other people... but yeah, when was hte last time that I thought about this? it's been too long.

Dear God. Thanks for everything. Please help me become a better person. and a better softball player. and oh oh, a better waitress. and please help me become a real live actress that could star in movies like "SlumDog Millionaire." Finally, please bless me with tribulations and blessings like you did to Job. God. I love you. You are better than all the boys of this world. Amen.

No comments: