Monday, July 13, 2009

RIP Luis

about a year ago, I was enrolled in an acting class @ Shelton Studios up in San Fran.

There, I was paired up with a scene partner from hell, and I remember asking my teacher, Luis Saguar, a reknown character actor in his own right, to play mediator before the partner from hell decided to eat me alive.

IN the end, Luis ended up losing his temper at the partner from hell... and I ended up playing the most memorable scene in my life with a different yoga obsessed partner.

I just found out that Luis passed away...and while, I only had him as a teacher for 4 months, and while my interactions mainly consisted of bitching about PFH (partner from hell, if you couldn't guess by now) and moaning about my scene... I can't help but think that he helped change my life, and boosted my convictions to become an actor... and if he impacted me within those few short months...how many more lives did he change during his lifetime?

God seems to constantly remind me to take a step back and survey the people in my life... the steady stream of personalities that seem to enter and leave my self-involved haze of reality... in the end, nothing in life is constant...not even family. In the end, all I will have are the memories of times I've spent together with whoever, whereever... but I don't mean that in a sad depressing way... I mean that in a nostalgic, grateful way. I hope I never forget to thank God for the people who have managed to shape or mold my life thus far...

even the partner from hell.

RIP Luis Saguar.
* * *

PS. I am homesick.

1 comment:

izzy said...

i'm jansick.