Wednesday, July 15, 2009

JULY 14TH =

A RED LETTER DAY FOR JAN!

I can officially take a red sharpie and draw a THICK line through the no. 1 of my Milestone list...

I GOT MY HEADSHOTS DONE!!! RAH RAH RAH RAH!

It was an amazing experience. I had no idea what to expect, and I came out feeling like a hot sexy fox ready to conquer the acting world. what a high.

I get there, makeup less, looking pretty ugly. In a jiffy, Shawn, my amazing makeup artist, turns me into a "Natural" looking Asian American girl that could pass for having JUST earned her driver's permit. Lesley (my photographer, a total free spirit and equally dorky as me) gets me to laugh and pose, reminds me to breathe in between shots etc etc...

After a handful, she gets me to change... my makeup turns a bit more fierce, a bit more sexy.... and we do some theatrical poses... "imagine, youre planning on stealing hyour friend's bf.... " "you just heard that your friend stole your boyfriend... " (WHY DO ALL THINGS REVOLVE AROUND MEN?!)

another change... i get a mod-ish silverish purple lipstick... i'm in my new white button-up with a white tank-top...and we do some sexy bond office girl shots... we also do some belly laughing CREST commerical-ish shots... oddly enough, I feel the sexiest during this phase of the entire shoot...


and finally, brown halter, bonus shots of just smiles, theatricals, all of the above.


a RUSH. a TOTAL rush of being pampered; having my hair primped and did... having my face painted on (complete with fake eyelashes...why people endure those things is beyond me) ~ and then the photographer directing you with silly boy scenarios, intersparsing the dialogue with comments such as "if you don't get cast from these pictures, I'll eat my camera"... all add up to quite an amazing first headshot experience!


I'M SO EXCITED. and a bit nervous for the final product...

but WHO CARES?! I GOT MY HEADSHOTS DONE! I CAN CROSS OF SOMETHING OFF MY MILESTONE LIST!!!!

AHHHH!!! RED LETTER DAY!!! WOOOOT!!

1 comment:

izzy said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU! AH! LET ME SEEEEEEEEEEE.