LIFE AGENT.
I passed the exam.
After months and months of fighting with my mom over getting this stupid license...which i guess isn't stupid at all...just the fighting was stupid... I finally took the exam, and ironically passed. Mothers all around the world are applauding the tenacity of Mama Lim... encouraged and relieved that the Korean mother won out over the stubborn Korean daughter... and we wonder why we all turn out like our moms... It's to be a WINNER in EVERY SINGLE FUTURE ARGUMENT TO BE HAD WITH OUR FUTURE DAUGHTERS!
geeze.
Anyway, this means that not only do I have an option to begin selling insurance policies... I am officially going to Korea THIS WEDNESDAY.
eek.
I have NO IDEA what to expect... well, I am actually dreading it sorta. I mean, do I really want to spend an entire month feeling fat and styleLESS and friendless? While, I do remember having some good times when I visited 6 years ago, I was 18 years old and very very...well, young. Now, after 6 years of developing wants and needs, I'm wondering if I really am ready for ... "not being able to expect anything" --ness.
It's interesting. Maybe God is planning on the best vacation ever. At least I can only hope for it. It's officially 11 months of moving down here... feeling every which sort of happiness and unhappiness, that I finally am getting this break. ALMOST ONE YEAR!
Reflecting back on what I've 'checked' on my Milestone List:
*Found an apartment.
*Found a job that pays for rent and some....(although paychecks have been late...)
*Found a great church (dear God, this was a traumatic experience, but it's come full circle, yay!)
*Had a major breakthrough with God. (DING DING DING!)
*Got my headshots done
*Got my Life Agent license. Ok, this one wasn't on the list originally...but hey, an accomplishment is an accomplishment.
I can be REALLY REALLY HARD on myself and say, GEEZE, YOU ARE A WAITRESS... YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR FRIENDS... YOU AREN'T REPRESENTED YET...
But, actually, I'm a little bit... proud (?)... I mean, I honestly think that I've been productive this year. Beyond the fact that I gained a lot of weight and ate out too much, and drank and smoked a WAY WAY too much...
I had NO IDEA what to expect, how to get things started when I first moved down here... and now, I have enough to say sincerely, that I'm already homesick for LA.
What a crazy crazy year it's been. I just hope my vacation will match up.
To the three or four people who read this...PLEASE PLEASE keep in contact with me FREQUENTLY. Email me, facebook me... let's skype.
here's to meeting sohjisup and him falling in love with me at first sight :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment