after my 2nd softball tournament.
geeze, you wouldn't think that being part of a champion team would cause so much pain... (yes there is a healthy dose of boasting there) but my body. is. so. sore.
it was a glorious day, all in all... highlights included getting up at 530 am after 3 hours of sleep... going undefeated in 6 games... seeing a girl get NAILED in the head and seeing stars of empathy pain... a bare handed foul tipped catch by yours truly and the TRULY EMBARRASSING CELEBRATION that took afterwards that I will forever regret and always shamefully remember (uh, i literally pointed at the back of my shirt and screamed in manvoice, "woot!" SHAME. GOOD GOD. SHAME) ... and of course, winning the finals after incredible 2 out rallies.
to be absolutely honest, softball and the sports ministry were the biggest bait of return to Southland. It may not be the most Godly reason to go back to a church... but it's just a testament to the resourceful nature of God's beckoning. He is creative, that One.
That aside, it's truly been a blessing to be a part of....a team. I always used to wonder, growing up as the mad violinist, what it would be like to be a part of some kind of sports team... to put in hours at practice... win against other teams... and just sincerely bond and enjoy playing sports with my teammates.
Not only did I (and will I) get to experience all that... but, I get to be on THE BEST team at that. Going from the spectator stands straight to the varsity team... you can only imagine the kind of celebration jig I did after that catch (SHAME, I TELL YOU! SHAME!)
The girls that I met on the team... the same girls that have now slapped my ass a couple times each or seen me almost eat it around the bases... is a big reason why I find myself excited every SUNDAY. Imagine... me...all jittery at the thought of seeing girls in cleats covered in dust.
my, how times have changed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment