seriously, I always thought that the big hoopla over Halloween was the stupidest thing... i mean, the one time in a year where anyone could be as whore-y as they could be... as if people needed an excuse!
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE JAN!
ok. well, I still think that being a slutty nurse or naked little bo peep is stupid... but the whole CREATIVE costume part? It's kinda fun! :D :D :D
SO, I head out to my restaurant tonight, where there will be a HUGE party...where most likely 90% of all people will be skanky and drunk... in my G rated (can a leotard really be considered g-rated though? at my age?) costume. Hopefully people will tip me even if they CAN'T see my breasts.
***
and of course, the end of halloween officially marks the beginning of the holiday season. From November on, all malls will start dressing down from a Jack-O-Lantern, and dressing UP as a pumpkin pie... the air will start breathing like vanilla spice or cranberry cinnamon... and then green douglas firs will start disguising the fact that we're living in a desert city. Candy canes will overflow until they are replaced by party streamers and cone hats designating the coming of *gulp* 2010....
I love this part of the year... and I always dread it because it's approach means it's end is also near. I don't know what to expect ...if I'll be able to celebrate this season like I did the previous seasons...with family and friends... if I'll be nostalgic and sentimental...or joyous and caught up in the moment... maybe both....
here's to the brisk fall air! (oh and to my halloween costume!)
No comments:
Post a Comment