call me vain. but I do. Ok, call me defensive, but how can I be vain when you can't see my face (if not for the lighting coming from behind me, for all the hair that is most likely in my face!) ??
I love that picture... because to me, it represents all that I have to hang on to right now... a leap of faith... a rush of exhilaration... and a moment, if brief, of freedom.
You know, even if it takes a while, maybe for a REALLY long time... and even if it gets freakin hard as hell... I hope I can truly find JOY in my journey here.
anyway, that's kinda besides the point... actually the opposite of what I really am thinking about.
mmmm, i think i'm finally back in LA mode...although, I failed life this past weekend. I really did. I marvel at the fragility of my consciousness... my morals... and my convictions... I'm as WISHY WASHY SHEEP as they come. Impulsive can be good sometimes... but more often than not... it brings me aftermaths and epilogues that are far more horrific than I could ever imagine.
I'm fine by the way. Just, completely humbled...or humiliated again, by how absolutely human I am.
the question is...
will i ever grow up?
sigh*...
Well, I hope I never give up trying to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
totally. on. the. same. page.
i'm not even going to comment on the second half of the post, but the first half - hold onto those brief moments of exhilaration. those split seconds are when you will feel the most free, liberated and loved.
i love your photo too :)
Post a Comment