Wednesday, November 11, 2009

7 months ago...

I was 99% sure that I was going to move back to my old bedroom in Fremont.

I had about 13 dollars left in my checking account...and still, no job. I decided to put in one last ditch effort for a job as a waitress at some korean bbq restaurant that I'd never heard about. Of course, I wouldn't expect to get hired; what chance would an SAT teacher/Film major with no waitress experience have?!

Funny how things work out. 7 months later, I am now a decent waitress... one that can describe 8 dishes of korean bbq AND 7 different names of Sakes in less than 30 seconds.
and funny that now, just as things are running smoothly as oil on water...I'm leaving.

It's really strange... I feel like a phase of my life is ending, when really, it's just a part time job I've held for less than a year. I tossed and turned last night, agonizing over what I would say as I handed over my resignation letter. Wondering if my manager and boss would consider me completely ungrateful and selfish...wondering if I should hang onto this job while looking for another one... wondering if my reasons were strong enough reasons to leave familiarity.

It wasn't impulsive. but instinctual. a plunge of faith. and God was faithful as always, when after I delivered my letter smoothly, with no problem, I was flooded with a sense of relief and peace.

I have NO idea what is in store for me next. Where I shall work next...what opportunities lie ahead.

all I know is that I'll be home....

for Christmas.


HAHAHAHAAH CHEEEESY!

No comments: