off of cough syrup, the DROWSY PM kind...
as I start to wrap up my birthday "week," which started kicked off with my parents driving down with our three dogs, plateaued with my catching a nasty cold, and ended with a feast @ Ondal with one of my oldest friends... I'm going to officially say, this was the most mundane of all the birthdays that I've celebrated... I did NOTHING out of the extraordinary...I didn't have any sort of "gathering" with friends... and really, I had no desire to. No inkling to get smashed after downing 25 shots of petron, no yearning to make out with 25 guys in one night (would that even be possible?) ~ just lunch, dinner, and an idyllic stroll @ the Americana with 3 crazy dogs on a leash with my parents providing background "twitter" music.
It was pretty awesome.
Not to knock on large birthday parties, I'll probably revert back to them next year, but it seemed only fitting, that after such a wild, up and down, helluva tiring year, I would welcome the upcoming one with a more subdued, calm, and settled approach.
I could only contrast my life now with the life I had one year ago... and while I may have seemed "richer" in all definitions of the word, I feel I'm on more stabler ground now. One year of LIFE lessons learned = much wiser, perhaps mature(r), if slightly less idealistic January.
As I get overused to the idea of being 25, I prepare to throw myself into the grind of life... and I pray that I again am CHALLENGED with the continued pursuit of PURPOSE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment