Monday, May 03, 2010

Today I ...

gave my testimony (or some shape or form of it) for the first time. I won't deny that it was stressful giving it. I was nervous and anxious, worried that it was not deep enough... that no one would relate to it.

Gahram read my heart accurately when she said that the holy spirit revealed the word "insufficient" to her. I felt that my testimony was shallow and that it would not be worthy of the attention of my fellow church go-ers.

While I shared actually about my first discovery of what God's Grace meant in my life... I didn't really go in depth of one of the issues I struggle with most: insecurity.

Not particularly in a worldly sense, but more so in terms of God. The things that I deal with in terms of feeling ashamed... not good enough for God's love... those are the things that I will need to overcome in the near future.

For now, I will go ahead and dwell in the light that I felt as the people from my church approached me to tell me how "blessed they were" by my testimony. I can't believe that my story made a difference.

First service, always more low key, was the setting for a more vulnerable telling... I teared up like a little a baby.

Second service, revved up with energy, was my time to tell it again with joyful conviction.

I was struck immediately by spiritual warfare, for work was not fun at all. I had trouble with my coworkers, my managers, and customers... however, I pray and I hope that I will never forget the excitement that I felt in telling my story... the kind of excitement that didn't die down after I came off of the stage. That feeling was greater than any oscar winning performance I could ever give.

No comments: