could be the title of my past weekend.
I decided on a whim to join libby and her gal pals on a trip to NorCal... having just experienced one of the worst trips back home ever, I was a little skeptical on even going. Would my parents be sympathetic to my getting fired situation? Would they try to convince me to stay FOREVER? Would the super sweet eyes of my little pups convince me if my parents didn't?
Well, honestly, there wasn't much time for any of the above. I got in Saturday early AM... and left late Sunday PM... which left a whopping less than 48 hours to just be THERE.
As things would have it, I got to spend some quality time with my best friend, whom I hadn't seen in over a year (!) and the parents who (except in one moment of weakness) were pretty supportive of my cause.
Then came Sunday. The plan was simple. My mom would drive me down to Libby's car... Libby would drive us to LA. We were going to leave around 2 pm. Plenty of time to detox before my audition on Monday morning. Right.
As soon as my mom and I hit the highway, our car stalls. We wait an HOUR in the BLAZING heat (omg, NorCal, way to sizzle) for AAA to come... we are towed to our other car. and oh the comedy, once we get to libby's car, libby's car also decides to break down. She then procedes to call AAA and everyone decides that it's better off to wait one day and have the mechanic check her car so that we don't break down in the middle of nowhere and get eaten by vampires.
so now I'm weighing my options. I can either wait one more day, miss my audition and leave with Libby and folks... or take the red eye grey hound down. the grey hound. ugh.
"... ok... wait. Is this some sort of sign? First I lose my job... then I come home for a weekend, and I literally CAN'T go home in time for my audition without sitting in a bus for 7 hours?"
I was ready to call it quits. Heck, maybe I COULD use an enforced vacation... I didn't have much to do anyway... when, I remember one of my cell ladies vision of Jacob and the Angel and her prophetic words: "1. Do not forget God's promise. 2. fight for your dreams."
So i booked my greyhound ticket, went to my audition, and heard that very day that I had another audition lined up the next day.
2 auditions in a week. during slow season. wow. God is FAITHFUL.
amazing. I can't wait to see what else is in store!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment