Thursday, June 24, 2010

i got fired.

from yardhouse.

in a shocking (?) turn of events, I find myself unemployed. The ironic thing was that I'd been very unhappy working there for quite some time now... and now, I don't even have a say in the matter.

To be honest, when I first got suspended this past Monday (for not carding a couple of women who got sat at my section), I laughed and cried at the comedy of the situation. I had come into work that day, determined to not have a chip on my shoulder, even if I had to miss an audition.

But after I found out today, I laughed and cried at the vast, clean, emptiness of the canvas that was my life... As I released whatever anxieties, worries, hopes, and ambitions I had carried with me during my time at Yardhouse the past 8 months, I came to realize that truly, a page had been turned in my life. I was back to ground zero, yet again.

However, things are so drastically different now then it was before. For one thing, I know God played a huge hand in this unexpected series of events. He has taken initiative. meaning, something big, something that I have no idea is on the horizon. Another thing, I am changed. When I missed that audition on Monday, I found myself struck with a sense of...apathy. How could this be? I hadn't had an audition in a month! Why was I not more upset with having to miss it?

and I realized that more and more... my personal attachment to acting had been...detaching. As in, I still love it, I still want to do it, I still dream about it... and yet, I feel like above alll of my personal yearnings, when I discover and commit to the character, the role that God crafted into his will, specifically for me... then that will be even greater. more magnificent. more fulfilling.

It's hard to admit that my passion for acting has lessened in any way. So I won't say it. I'll just say that my passion for God is slowly overwhelming any other passion.

I still feel a mixture of raw emotions. A part of me feels like the possibilities now are endless... a part of me feels like there is none at all. I have no idea what to expect. So I shall just sit here and listen and pray that I will hear and notice God's instructions for what's ahead.

Like a kite that is tucked under His arm... I have no wind beneath me without His running for me.

1 comment:

Sungho Yoo said...

I too get a sense that God is about to do something huge in your life. It's exciting, and I am really excited for you. Should you choose to read it, i'd like to encourage you with my own little story =P.

It was two years ago when I had a teaching gig where I did very little and got paid alot for it.

But one day out of the blue, the global recession of '08 and the string of celebrity suicides hit simultaneously... and my students began to drop out of the program like flies. Right there, I suddenly began to feel like a crook, taking money from people who are barely making ends meet.


What I spent years in college preparing for, I found myself now struggling consciously to make sense of. Disheartened, disillusioned, and feeling like a big quitter, I resigned.

But it was out of that specific circumstance that God begot in me a burden and heart for a specific people group... the poor, marginalized, and depressed in a society considered developed...and greatly in need of Jesus.

So that brought me to southern california, where God has been providing for me every step of the way.

That said, be encouraged, God is going to do big things in and around you... and I say that not under the influence of Henry Blackaby =P