Tuesday, July 27, 2010

familiarity...

Is so underrated. By the time that i finally leave Nor*cal, it will be 2 weeks since i'd arrived. While i am not neccessarily sorry that i came, i cannot deny that i fell right into the trap that i knew would was inevitably going to snare me : comfort.

There is nothing more damaging to your ambition than comfort. The comfort zone is deceivingly harmful for any that have any some sort of euphoric aspiration.

As i eat my mom's homemade kimchee bokkeum or dwenjang chigae, i find myself even more repulsed at my crisis of idleness. I mean how can i think of taking a shower in the shithole that is my shower in la when i have hours and hours of hot water available in the spacious stall here? Do i really need to ponder what job to apply for, how to eke out a living when i can just mooch off my parents in exchange of housesitting on my ever expanding bottom everyday?????

Here i am actually thinking that this amy be the better option for.me afterall when i remembered.... dangit. I suck at living out my faith. I.need to exercise it once and for all without quitting when things get just a little tough.

God fulfilled His, actually MY goals every year i set them. If that isn't a suretell sign that HE is guiding me, working around me, i dunno what is.

I am unsure if i can be strong once i get back. Maybe i will be even mire defenseless after having been surrounded by the aforementioned luxuries. But i have to give myself a shot. A shot to prove to God that all His efforts weren't wasted.

I am scared.

1 comment:

Sungho Yoo said...

I can't speak for your situation, but as God's child, He loves you very much.

I believe that God takes great joy in putting effort into growing your character... Growth in character is what any father would desire for His daughter. So such efforts are never a waste.

Imagine if you didn't have to persevere through your faith as you are doing now? there would be no reason for hope, or any need of reliance on God... and you wouldn't grow all that much. Where's the Glory in that?

When all is said and done, i think that you will be able look back to now and see how pleased God was with you.