is one of my favorite candies. did you know that? It's not for the pure taste of honey carmelized in sugar. It's the somewhat sandy texture of it. I love biting into it!
Camping was awesome. I was really glad that I went regardless to how hesitant I felt about going in the first place. My sisters paid the way for me, so it was more out of "grateful obligation" that I ended up deciding to go. That being said, there were pockets of moments -- tubing in the rapids, eating bbq'd tacos, harmonizing 4 part to acoustic praise around the campfire -- where I completely forgot my reality woes.
Judy Garland is singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I know fall has yet to divulge, but I can't wait for the holidays. I feel like this year, more than others, will be meaningful. That always happens I suppose when you're more aware than ever of the significance of family, friends, love & security. Haha, I sound like a hallmark card.
God spoke to me in a divine manner. I was out having a QT, just chillin really at Griffith park. As I confessed my surrender to him... I got a notification for an audition. and I could not stop the tears. Because I knew He had just thrown me a lifeline. and this time, I'm not just praying "thanks for the Opp, God!" This time, I'm going to follow the footsteps of Moses and Abraham, and be insistant. Insist on God blessing me, showing his face to me, providing for me. I'm going to go into tomorrow's audition with confidence that God will give me this gift because He loves me. because He wants to encourage me. Because He knows how much this will mean.
Even if my skin sucks.
In other news... I've been rewatching some good Meg Ryan movies. Rather, Nora Ephron movies. I get that woman SO much. Not because her movies are earth defyingly original, but because they are so reminiscent of the classic romantic comedies. Anyway, tonight's bill included "When Harry Met Sally." Every time I watch that movie, I get this yearning for my very own Harry. A relationship that was just destined to be. Sally had to wait till she was 32 to recognize it. Will I have to wait that long? Sigh* what is this? Am I actually longing for a relationship? Ugh, I hate being reminded that I actually want to be in a commitment even if I suck at it.
All in God's time.
Judy Garland is amazing. Anyway, Coca Cola here I come!!! Please pray for me if you happen to come on this!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it's encouraging to hear your point of view on God's character... and a pleasant reminder for myself.
For the longest time I struggled with never being Christian enough for God, or my peers for that matter.
Yet, only recently, for the first time, I finally realized what it mean to be under God's grace... or the unmerited favor of God.
God blesses us, not because we earned it... or because we are especially Christian in any way, but because He loves us.
dunno why I brought that up. heh.
Came upon this today after watching your 2NE1 post and said a prayer for you. How did the audition go? Contine to surrender to Him!
Post a Comment