is always a blessing. You always see how hectic, how screwball families are in movies, on tv shows, oprah, etc...
but regardless to how dysfunctional and CRAZY each individual or the compounded effect of the entire group is, family reunions are precious.
this has been a truly exhaustive week. But not in a bad way.
In a way I didn't expect, each one of us, every single member of the immediate family, pulled together, pitched in, and threw one heck of a classy memorial + funeral service. Ok, that sounds truly odd... and this is actually my first ever funeral that I've attended/been a part of... but there wasn't a single hitch, problem the entire week. God's hand was truly orchestrating all of the events, big and small...
While making the video, gathering pictures for family albums, I was blown away by how freakin musheessuh harabuhjeeh was. He was kinda foxy. As rumor (lol) has it, he was always a very popular man, even after he was married with kids.
Seeing the eclectic group that consistently overflowed the chapel, the funeral site, I was again blown away by how incredibly popular harabuhjeeh was. He was truly a man who made an impact in many lives.
I broke up the hardest as I fiddled one last time in front of my grandfather. I don't know how I got through. and then again, as we lowered the lid on the casket.
But, I couldn't help but feel that Grandfather had already gone to heaven... and this, was mainly for US to say goodbye.
All throughout, I could see his silent smile... his still small frame watching over.
and while it's hard to see my dad... my halmuni, who stood by so stoicly during the entire process, start to break down now, I feel a very overwhelming sense of peace about the continuation of our lives as a family after his departure. Our lives have changed, for the better. His legacy is stronger than ever. and while we miss him, we will cling on harder to one another.
I love you harabuhjeeh. More then ever. and I miss you. I can't wait to see you again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment