Wednesday, October 20, 2010

There is none like you...

has been on my mind the entire day. I am a very musical person in general, most everything, every line reminds me of a song... but today, I woke up, with this line generating in my head.

In the morning, it was how I felt about God. Doing my QTs today, I read about the parable of the workers in the vineyard. I read about Jesus' standard of generosity. Who am I to question who gets what from God? Who am I to feel indignant about the size of my portion of blessings? It's something that I struggle with... but I felt encouraged today.

That being said, it was a tough day to stay afloat. It was one of those days where I felt a little idle. a bit alone. somewhat lonely. It may have to do with the dreary weather... but it was more about the whole being single aspect. WHY AM I FEELING THIS WAY? I have LOVEEEEDDDD being SINGLE for over a year~ and now, all of a sudden, I'm feeling a little... too single.

and of course, my QT today had a bit about that as well... well, the bit that Jesus says about marriage not being for everyone. HAHA. God's funny.

I know there's so much work to DO IN ME before I can even begin to think about caring for somebody else... INNER HEALING... but, hey, I can be honest. Today was one of those days. OH OH OH, random note, "500 days of summer" is FINALLY MINE! It's one of my favorite films about relationships (NOT a chick flick) because it's exactly how it is...

Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you.


see what I mean? It's real. except not everyone looks like joseph gordon levitt or zooey deschanel. boo.

well, as I am about to hit the sack on this unproductive day, I re-listen to the song "There is None Like you." and I am struck. See, today, in my QT, I read that "Jesus had compassion for them..." Pastor Keith preaches this all the time about prayer, but this REALLY hit me today... how God can be MOVED... by our prayers...by our yearnings... our needs. and I realized... that GOD is the one crooning to us... "there is none like you... no one else can touch my heart like YOU do... "

All of a sudden, I feel so much lighter... so much better. So much love.
Who needs a bf, when I have the love of the Greatest One???

No comments: