Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter 7 part 1

is a ridiculous title for any movie. which is why it isn't one.

you know you're enamoured by a movie when you are THINKING in a british accent, actually emulating how you imagine Hermione Granger would say it.

But of course, besides how amazed I was at each wardrobe change made by Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson in the so-called forest... this post is actually about why I want to be in films.

I was reminded again, at the power of cinema. Imagine, how much has the series, "Harry Potter" infiltrated the global culture? How big of a phenomenon has it become? It has spurred countless number of websites, clubs, freakazoids, normal fans (me, I'd like to think), merchandise, etc, etal, ibid, so forth and so on... and least but not least, 7, soon to be 8 blockbuster, multi-billion grossing films, that will forever, historically capture one of THE biggest "movements" (if I may so bombastically term it) in our generation.

Which makes me think of when the Godfather trilogy came out. Star Wars, the original trilogy came out. Which brings me back to when Goldfinger first came out. Which brings me back to Gone with the Wind...

Film, in essence, not only tells stories, fictional or documentary; it not only captures what COULD go on in our daily lives, or fantasy; it immortally SEIZES what our society, our culture is entranced with. That year, that month, what this world was completely, head over heels, in love with.

The power of cinema, is the power to TELL. MAGNIFY. IMAGINE. PRESERVE.

I could feel myself ACHING, positively ACHING with yearning to be a part of it all. I want to throw a fit, I want to become a film actress so bad.

I also want to look like Emma Watson. Eh, I'll settle for one of those.

No comments: