which officially ended 30 minutes ago... was pretty wonderful. I was invited by a generous friend to a family gathering, where I, although a complete stranger, took part in a hilarious, merry white elephant exchange. It was very awesome to feel so included in such an obvious tight knit family... but I couldn't help but feel a twinge of homesickness.
It just goes to show though that this year, it's really been about me and God. I don't know if it was the last of my inner healing sessions that did it, but I've really experience JOY this Christmas season. I have never felt this much TRUE holiday spirit, in a sense that Jesus Christ, my best friend and Savior's birth, really gave me cause to HOOPLA.
It's been a holiday season where I've felt most useful for ministry as well... again, cause to celebrate. Whether it was leading our treehouse band in "Trading my sorrows" (jumping up and down, right hand fist pump!) ~ or hosting our Access Christmas party~ or singing "Oh Holy Night," or reading a passage written by Max Lucaido in front of Pastor Keith sitting in the first row, I've never been so busy, or involved, or in the spotlight as a matter of fact (ironic isn't it?) ~ For once, I felt like all of my talents were being used for the right reason: FOR GOD's GLORY. Oh man, what an amazing gift! Such opportunity! And even if I was completely inadequate in some ways, maybe that's the whole point anyway.
I am blogging this from the same generous friend's house. and I can't help but marvel yet again at all the change that occurred in a span of a simple year.
Lord Jesus. You are my King. Happy birthday! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment