Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter!

Wow i am hitting a an all time high for blogging this month. That may be pretty indicative of what kind of month I've been having. Not in a bad way.

Easter. The biggest Christian holiday. (And honestly, one I am most confused about in terms of the secular holiday. I mean, a giant rabbit who gives away chocolate? Granted I haven't done my research much, but really?)

It was a great great weekend. I feel truly blessed. Not just because it was filled with some fantastic moments of fun and pleasure (and not much of idle leisure) ~ but because I felt that I really could reflect on the significance of these 3 days in a most personal manner.

In my hand-journal (the one where I'm UBER honest and not at all concerned about what the rest of the world may think of me perchance they come across this blog~), I started jotting down in what ways I'd come to know God. I thought I'd have a hard time listing it out, but I soon realized how deep, how well-rounded my relationship with God had become. That despite my situations and circumstances, despite the growing pains of applying permanent change in my life and my approach to it, I have gotten to know God so much more. Hence, it's only natural that Good Friday -- the meaning of the cross, and Easter -- the RESURRECTION of the body and spirit! -- just had that much more oomph to me.

I felt a sense of redemption as well. I remember back in college. We always had to get up at the butt crack of dawn to go to a joint early morning Easter service. One year, our choir (cornerstone) was invited to perform. It was a huge privilege. I of course, slept right through it after a night of alcohol binging. Let's just say, not one of my crowning moments.

I know my God doesn't keep score, but I feel a LOT better about this year's track record. Being a part of missions training, then premiering our Treehouse DVD and then leading praise for youth in between our performances... well, I felt incredibly blessed and so honoured that God would give me another chance to glorify Him in such a big way on such a big occasion.

I am exhausted. and I'm still incredibly fearful about the amount of uncertainty in my finances and career. But as of this moment, right now, with my eternal life ensured, I just don't care. In a good way.

No comments: