Monday, January 28, 2008

new opportunities

so the Australian Open/tennis obsessed for it's obligatory grandslam-two-weeks-worth and now... I barely snap out of the self-indulgent haze that has possessed me. and what a happy, nostalgic haze. Happy because Maria Sharapova won a relatively "tight" match against Ana Ivanovic, my new favorite (MY FIRST SINCE KIM CLIJSTERS!) and happy because the possibility of the Fed Express' reign slowing down came true in the form of Novak Djokavic. Nostalgic because my new found love affair with ESPN 360 is now put on hold...and because the Australian Open always reminds me of my internship in Sydney and causes me to look at those pictures all over again. (Remember Xanga??? yeah...)

but before I overflow this blog with my fanatical tennis ramblings...

I wanna move on.

First... I am starting my gym regiment again tomorrow! I'm exciting. My new tactic is to EXERCISE more, include Yoga class AND believe it or not, embark on a 2 week diet called the Denmark/Danish Diet. It's probably just a fad... but mama Lim has been ALL over me about it for the past couple of months...and if I dont' feel it... I can just quit. SO, no harm done, right?

Second, I have my one-on-one with The Container Store (hereby referred to afterwards as TCS) tomorrow morning. Again, this fits in with the relatively competitive pay with health benefits for part-timers~ the only anti is that it's in San Jose and hte commute might be a bitch. we'll see.

third, I have an interview/audition at Kaplan Educational Center on THursday. I might become a real certified SAT tutor. WATCH OUT ASIAN KIDS ALL OVER THE BAY! Actually, I dont' know... we're supposed to prepare a 5 minutes lecture on something NON-academic. It would be so typical of me to lecture on something like "The classic movie essentials." BUT. I'm doing smoething SO much more practical instead. we'll see how it turns out.

fourth, I APPRECIATE the dear ones that I can have long phone conversations with... my patient friends who listen to my same rants and chants and who offer a whole new light CONSTANTLY on the same old. thank you!

fifth, I don't know about you, but I'm really shocked that it's the end of January. My plan to move to LA in May/June is still on... but again, I'm scared... and I'm really contemplating going to Korea... just teach english for a year. I don't know, I still want to travel... but what about my new turn into acting for life? well...

sixth, I think I'm limiting myself... I know I'm talented but I almost feel like I refuse to stretch myself or WORK harder to improve. My acting class is great...but I get so nervous... and I put so much pressure on myself to get better. It's interesting, I never eve rused to get nervous!!! sigh* I just hope I pull through tomorrow.

and a final seventh, Johnny Depp is so effin hot. it's not even funny. I just watched Chocolat. jeeebus. HOT.

it's been raining all day. rainy days sometimes make me feel drier than any other day. Healing Rain. Needed.

No comments: