Saturday, November 29, 2008

One HUGE milestone down!

At least in my book.

I found an apartment!

It's as big as my room was in StuV but... IT'S MY OWN! and I get my own private bath and a closet and a half (with full length mirrors~) and an Argentinian PASTRY CHEF for a roommate! There's a gated basement parking spot that's NOT tandem... and it's still relatively central. All for a pretty decent price...

needless to say, this Thanksgiving, I was incredibly thankful for my new apartment, which came JUST in the nick of time.

Thanksgiving break so far:

My family and I went to hometown buffet for lunch... hahaha ghetto you say? well yes... but we never cook turkey with stuffing with gravy with cranberry sauce... so however we can get it yes? Then, some one on one mama lim + Jan time at the bowling alley....where I averaged (drumrolll~~~) 101!! wooooot! And then some Lim family action at my uncle's for more good food, and most importantly, some quality family time. It was kinda funny watching my parents watching "Braveheart."

Then today... black Friday... instead of going shopping... we had over our "young adult" crew at Logos for lunch.... and then more bowling with pastors and pastors wives... catching up with an old friend (always a pleasure AK!) ... and then some quality NorCal time with my Boston-relocated-to-SoCal-peeps PLUS bookclub...

This year, there was a ton to be thankful for. I cannot believe how fast a year has gone by... it just seemed that this Thanksgiving was more enjoyable... and more meaningful... and somehow more like what everyday should be than usual...

*L.A. -- whenever anyone asks "how's LA?" I surprise myself by answering, "i like it!" Because I really do... I havent' come across anything but new and old friends' support and good Koreanfood... but as far as I know, the LA traffic hasn't turned me into a raging bitch... yet. I enjoy the warmth (though I miss a White Christmas) of SoCal...and more than anything else, I feel myself propelling towards actual steps in becoming an actor. Finding an apartment helps and hopefully, the momentum will keep rolling past the new year.

*Family -- It's a love/hate thing... but it's based all out of love. the end.

*Happiness -- I am happy. I really am. I don't know how I got here... but I even love the frustrations that I'm dealing with ... it means I am wanting to get somewhere... wanting to actually achieve something. I have some kind of direction... and either a foolish or courageous heart. I feel secure and confident in the person I am....so much more so than I was in college or high school. I glean so much support and encouragement from my friendships... I am so blessed to have the people I do at home and in LA. I cannot believe I, disillusioned with the idea of community in beantown, am as lucky to say that I am surrounded by best friends. My lungs and liver are both happy with the balance I've reached...and while I'm still wanting/needing to hit the gym more often... I am happy with my body and how I look in my photobooth pictures ( haahhaha :p ). I enjoy my single life... I welcome and take in dates as they come... I find myself growing more and more comfortable with the idea of settling down... but I'm still at a place where I'm in no rush... I have learned so much about who I am in a relationship and who I long to be with this past year and as painful as some of those times were... I am also oddly nostalgic for them. I am thankful for a steady stream of faith in whatever there is left in my spiritual life...and thankful that I've never completely let go. I am happy that there is a chance for me to make gains in a new spiritual environment this year. I look forward to change and advancement!
I am happy that I can be happy without having everything. I am thankful for being able to realize that this is possible.

Looking forward...

Christmas is right around the corner... I always love this time of year... where I can blast my holiday music and smell the spicy winter scent in the air. My 23rd Christmas... As always I hope that I can absorb the significance of all the cliched values of this holiday... and as I get ready to really jump full gear into the sodom and gomorrah that is Hollywood, I hope I can hang on and remember how I feel RIGHT NOW...

One more month to evolve and transform...

2009 will be my coming out party~ y'all better show face! :)

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Congrats :)