it's 11:35 am on a lazy thursday afternoon... I've spent the morning idyllically... letting thoughts run in my head... letting my heart feel whatever such things it wanted to feel... letting my body relax in whatever lax way... this sort of lack of discipline, while a representation of the lack of schedule and discipline... also presents a sort utopia for my noncomformist self... and as the sun streams through the old venetian blinds of the rather small window in my adequately sized room... the cozy warmth of the broken sunlight and the familiar strains of a melodic ballad in G major both assures me and comforts me with ... c.o.n.t.e.n.t.ed.n.e.s.s.
* * *
yesterday, I experienced another first... I've had the privilege of being inside a radio station before... but this was my very first time for being inside of a recording studio!
i got to witness the production of a song, from laying down the individual tracks, to the synthesizing and mixing of all the different levels... I saw background vocals go in as backup singers and come out feeling as pumped as Beyonce... I experienced the anticipation of the lead act warming up her body and lungs with jumping jacks...and then the exhaustive, perfectionist, thorough, and absolutely wonderful collaborative efforts of a team to produce the perfect track. from the acting singing to the sometimes tedious, sometimes magical (literally, those guys can make anyone sound amazing!) mixing... it was altogether a fabulous experience.
so i guess hte world can expect my new single to come out sometime mid-feb.
*
*
*
SIKEEEE!!!
hahaha, I'm actually behind the camera for this one... creating one of my "docs" for an up and coming artist, Pheonix Brown(check her out on myspace and facebook!)~ Thanks to the magnificent Carol a la lee~ I am the official unofficial videographer for Pheonix brown's media "coming out" party... I feel kind of unqualified, but I'm also excited for htis free lancing gig...and already, I'm experienced another "first experience" in the entertainment industry~ another small milestone~ hence, YAY~ :)
Editing will be a grind... i don't remember if i remember how to do everything... but again, I think i'll be able to pull it off...and interestingly enough, I'm meeting people who are interested in my fiddling for hte recording studio... funny how everything just comes around in full circles. Again, I am extremely thankful~ and I feel God's handds in everything that's happening here in LA.
That being said, my content lazy thursday morning self, is feeling very unwilling to actually get out there into the work force... I'm finding a need to now that the finances have gone up about 300x with the apartment and all... I just find myself a little...unwilling to leave the cozy warmths of my room is all... I have a couple of friends coming into town and mama Lim visiting soon...and then Christmas....
and then it'll be 2009. so... crunch time officially begins...
in 2009? hahahaaha ~ kidding of course! :)
holddd on~ change is comin~~~
hold on~~~ don't worry about a thang~~~~~!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment