apparently has a very VERY devoted fan base.
His new movie, "The Ugly Truth" had a sneak premiere last night @ the Cinerama on Sunset... and women, aged twenties to seventies, came from all over the U.S. AND WORLD, to see him.
Guess where they had dinner after dinner?
That's right... at Gerry Butler's restaurant, Shin BBQ.
Last night, I met a fan who actually bought Gerry's jeans from "P.S. I love You" for a (wait for it~) ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. She also gave him a ring that she had designed in SCOTLAND. Good Lord, I wouldn't mind getting a ring designed in... Korea... from a fan one day? -__-;
They have annual conventions in June in Las Vegas where they recite in harmony, an ode to Butler's "wine kissed lips" and to a wistful fuck on the table. (sorry, there's just no tasteful way of wording it)
Tonight, our entire restaurant was flooded with Gerard Butler fan dinner parties. These women were all friendly with one another, bonded if only through their love for Erik (aka The Phantom in Butler's "Phantom of the Opera") and I admit, I sold bottles of wine by incorrectly referring to my investor's preference.
In the end, I could only admire these women, proud and fierce in their obsession with Butler. I mean, it IS a little freaky... some of these women had flown all the way across the globe to see a glimpse of him on the red carpet!!! But, hey, any sort of unconditional love is welcome in today's forlorn world, no?
Does anyone want to buy my jeans for a thousand dollars? I'll give em to you 90% off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i think the day you take me down the red carpet (after mama lim has walked it, of course) for your movie premiere is the day i buy your jeans for $1000 with a 90% discount ;)
Post a Comment