Wednesday, October 21, 2009

i smelled something citrusy..

in the air... so i naturally grabbed the first orange object to catch my eye: a halloween pumpkin ornament. Without thinking, I sniffed the ceramic pumpkin suspiciously... when I heard THAT DISTINCTIVE VOICE GIGGLING.

"what are you doing?" asked that distinctive voice...
"oh, just wondering if this smelled citrusy!" I answered without bothering to glance up.
"because it's... a pumpkin ornament?"
I finally glanced up, ready to defend my actions handily...and promptly voice.

that distinctive voice belong to MICHAEL CERA.

'OHHHH SHIIIITTTTTT' I though as I calmly retorted, "well, this is orange~! and I'm smelled something orange! so I just ... thought... I... oh I don't know..."

and then, the girl next to Michael Cera... hands me her wrist to sniff, "maybe it's my perfume."

and I realize... OH SHIT, I'M SMELLING "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT'S" MEAYBE'S WRIST! And after sniffing politely, I answer, "no, I swear it's the pumpkin."

we laugh... as naturally as if I'd been laughing with tv/film stars all my life...

and then they sit down, allowing me to run into the ladies room and squeal my head off like a little baby pig.

Unfortunately, it wasn't my turn to serve them (my coworker also started FLOATING through the restaurant) ~ but boy, that dorky moment was enough to put this Korea-missing chick in place...

"jan, you're not in kansas anymore... welcome to Hollywood."

*squeaaaaallll*

1 comment:

izzy said...

OKAY THIS REPLY OBVIOUSLY CAME 3 DAYS TOO LATE (i hate being across the continent from you), but i'm totally squealing as i read this!

asdfa;skdfjaksdf!! you met michael cera AND maeby at the same time?!?! oh goodness. i love it.

btw, thanks for the postcard! i can't believe you got me a subway may of nyc. from korea. in a design of a heart.

....

missing you to pieces.