Sunday, February 20, 2011

I love Treehouse...

I do. Believe it or not, I was not a very big kid person... I thought most, if not all, were just bratty little things.

By the grace of God, I have changed (for the better) and I can honestly say that I love children, a little in the same way, God does. They are so precious, so impressionable... and completely adorable.

Being a part of Treehouse has been such an amazing blessing. The dear faces, whether scrunched up in laughter or tears, always release a rush of tenderness inside me... haha, I am assured that I have that maternal instinct in me. For awhile, I doubted if I had any, haha.

But I am starting to realize that again, God's plan, God's purpose may involve more than me having joyous fun and recognizing a natural penchant for kids. If I felt like I found my TRUE niche in terms of ministry at Southland... it is then, extending and evolving that niche into bigger and more necessary avenues. To not unintentionally limit myself as GOD's instrument and to really realize my potential for growth as a leader.

That's the thing about my spiritual walk that's both so frightening and so exhilarating. Just as I start to feel comfortable, like I'm grooving, God reminds me that there's MORE. More to be achieved, more to be reaped. Challenging, yes, but exciting, NEW uncharted territory.

Lord, thank you so much for these opportunities for me to serve. God, I praise you and proclaim your will to be SO sovereign. I cannot believe that you are using ME in such incredible ways. I am humbled and blessed. And like all of your precious servants, I will obey you whole-heartedly. I will obey YOU, my Lord and Savior. My best friend and true love.

Amen.

***

Images/words received: "CONFIRMED." // BIG smile // a mist that is all around me = God // a path that diverges into two, up in the mountains, fresh air // NOTHING bad, all good

1 comment:

agneskchi77 said...

Reading this entry...i feel JOY & HOPE! Thanks for sharing.