ok, some days are still funemployment. but overall, the necessity for a routine has kicked in in order for me to feel purposeful, which is a sure sign, that yes, I'm getting antsy, slightly scared, and somewhat bored = unemployed.
After some good travel time (to the east coast, norcal, and the desert), I guess it's about to get to the grind. I did enroll at UCB for my first set of improv classes. I'm uber nervous - i have no idea what to expect - but these days, my policy has been, the more scared I feel, the more I better face it and just DO IT. So with the classes (including auditing some others), cell nights, praise practice, and encounter meetings... the weeknights are looking pretty packed through the end of October (huge sigh of relief). That being said... the days...
well, today, i finally went for a JOLK session (jog + walk, clever??) around silverlake. It was painful to jolk 2.2 miles. and thankfully, i've fallen back into my coffee with God sessions. Which brings to me today's blog's point.
I don't use a special QT book, just been reading through the OT, and I'm finally near end of the grand old, pre-Jesus days - the minor prophets sections. So many prophecies on God's judgement nearing... the call for repentence... I couldn't help but to put down the scripture, and write in my journal...
"God, uh... are you calling me to repent here? uh... is my little spanking (judgement) session nearing me?... eeeeps..."
I continued to read as I anxiously went over my recent rapsheet... mmm, to be honest, I haven't been TOO bad... but then it hit me...
i'm not perfect. i'm totally far from it. I should always be repenting, not because I'm a horrible person per say, but because I'm screwing up all the time and I want to be a better person. and furthermore, God calls me to repent... for then, he is stirred to Grace and MERCY... and the blessings will then overflow...
Recently... I've been investing a lot in a lot of myself. Let's face it, this whole time was for me to invest in myself. My time of replenishing. However, I was reminded that I really need to SEEK THE LORD FIRST, for then, I SHALL LIVE. During this time, this GOLDEN time, I seek to SEEK the LORD, because, man, I REALLY want to live that FREED, ABUNDANT LIFE that I know the Lord has in store for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment